Monday 19 September 2011

personal statement

My personal statement
Hello, my name is Charlie Thompson and I am currently studying at Canterbury College doing a national diploma in graphic design, it is a 2 year course. I have spent a long time thinking about going to university after college to carry on studying graphic design, as I feel that I have a true passion and interest for it and that I feel that it is not a career or a hobby, but a passion, a way of life.
In my spare time I always experiment with different arts like drawing doodles anything random, I also like to pictures of objects that catch my eye or I think looks interesting. I also like to create large paintings of surreal things as that are the subject that I’m confidant of doing. I hope to continue my studies in my chosen field and in my future I hope to pursue a carrier in this field.
Before college I went to the the North school in Ashford were I studied fine art, graphic design and photography and obviously the designated subjects like English, maths etc. This is where my passion for art and design started and then I new what field to take up into fervour education.
At the moment I am currently a garden contractor which I find is a great job for a young lad like me as I love being in the outdoors and getting some exercise, I do this job on apart time basis as I have to fit it round my college days.
I have been lucky to live in a different country, Cape Town, south Africa for 7 years of my life and in these years I got to experience a different culture and some beautiful sceneries, but unfortunately could not learn to speak the local language Afrikaans fluently, I would say cape town had a huge influence on me and inspired me to pursue art and design.
I live in a little village outside Ashford called brook where I live in the local pub called the Honest Miller with my three sisters, mum and dad and a zoo of animals ranging from horses to gin pigs, using the pub me and my family do lots of fundraisers usually for are local hospice as I believe a little donation can make a big impact on people’s lives. I am a very active person and love my sports, I currently play cricket for my local village that I’ve been playing for the last 3 years. I also play tennis for Wye (village near brook).
I believe that you can do no wrong in art and design as it can be translated into millions of different ways.
I believe it will be a great carrier choice, and believe I can make it in the industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment